Charitable Games - How to Apply for a License
To apply online, download the PDF of the appropriate application. Applications can also be requested by telephone or by visiting our office. Complete and return the application along with:
- Check or money order for license fee.
- Proof of ownership of prizes or surety bond for an amount 15% above the total value of all prizes.
- Copy of IRS Tax Exempt notice OR DC Finance & Revenue Tax Exempt notice.*
- Certificate of Good-Standing from DC Consumer & Regulatory Affairs.*
- Sample of tickets to be printed.
- See application for other required attachments.
Applications for Download
Obtaining a Charitable Games License (Español)
Monte Carlo Night Party/Texas Hold'em
Monte Carlo (Español)
*If you have questions regarding these forms, please contact the appropriate District or Federal government department.
DC Office of Tax and Revenue Customer Service: (202) 727-4829
DC Consumer and Regulatory Affairs: (202) 442-4432
Mail or hand deliver complete package to:
Office of Lottery and Gaming
Charitable Games Division
2235 Shannon Place, SE
Washington, DC 20020
Most computers will open PDF documents automatically, but you may need to download Adobe Reader.